This blog has never been promoted to many people. Thanks to googleism, some people do really use it to track myself! (huuu, my grands would be jealous :-)
As I can guess, they asked me to write in English! They said that they want to know my news (what so called). Dear friends, writing in English for pleasure never been a problem *huahahaa...* I will try to write in English when it can really express the true meaning of the story. If not, it will still be in Bahasa Indonesia.
However, my formal Bahasa is getting worse! I can't help it. I admit that is a pity. Since my English is getting better, my bahasa has been dropping even faster. I still remember one time when I had to ask the secretary for an example of official letter writing in Bahasa Indonesia. I felt very ashame!
There is an article in Kompas last week saying that some Indonesian use Indonenglish (mixing bahasa and english here and there) since it sounds more up-town languange, showing prestige. Last week in Jakarta, I can't help myself laughing when hearing a mother kept talking English with her son and kept getting his replies in Bahasa Indonesia.
Bilingual is not a sin. Some people able to speak five to six languanges. Scientist approve that it's good for the brain. But I feel ashame when I can't say 'selamat pagi' and replace it with 'good morning' or 'bonjour' to my fellow indonesian. I said to myself not to let it worse. I am not proud of being able to speak English if my Bahasa as a pay!
Yes, if I say , "I speak Bahasa Indonesia, English and French", it has to mean that I can speak good Bahasa, good English and good French.